The Miraflores Visitor Center on the Pacific Side is a space where you can live a unique Panama Canal experience. In one place you will find different activities to learn and fully enjoy the Panama Canal.
Miraflores Locks and Canal Visitors Center Tour.
- Daily Tours From Panama City.
- Tour Duration: 2 ½ hrs approx.
- Open daily (including holidays)
- From 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Entrance tickets sold until 4:00 p.m.
- Exhibition halls.
- Observation deck; passage of ships through the locks.
Tour Prices – Miraflores Locks and Canal Visitors Center
- 1 person: $160 USD
- 2 people and more: $110 USD per person.
- Children 3-6 years: $60 USD per child.
- + 7% government tax.
- Round trip transportation. Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Bilingual guide-driver
What is not included
- Entrance fee to the Canal Visitor Center ($20 adults & $12 child 6-12 yrs $15)
- Meals. Free admission for children aged 6 and below.
Miraflores Visitor Center
- The Center features a museum with exhibits, interactive displays, a movie and an open air terrace for close-ups views of ships transiting through the locks.
- Watching a ship go through these locks is a unique experience. See 5,000,000-ton vessels rise and drop more than 50 feet in the lock as they make their way through Panama from one ocean to another.
- If you enjoy history, prep yourself by reading David McCullough’s Panama Canal epic, The Path between the Seas .
Observation Decks and Terraces
- Do you want to see how the ships transit through the Panama Canal locks? The building has three levels for observing the Canal’s operation, the passage of ships through the locks and how they move. It is the ideal place to take pictures and to hold memories of this engineering marvel.
Panama Canal in 3 D
- The visitor center offers the 3D projection of a film that introduces Mr. Canales, a character that will guide you through the history of the Panama Canal from its beginnings to the present. The film is available in English and Spanish, and with several show times and you can enjoy it in an air-conditioned room with comfortable seats.
- Four exhibition halls portray the Canal’s history, biodiversity, and its functioning and international importance in a dynamic and especially attractive manner.
The Gift Shop
- A good way to show your friends that you were at the Panama Canal is to visit the gift shop located on the ground floor of the Miraflores Visitor Center. It offers a variety of items and accessories to choose what you may like best.
Atlantic & Pacific Co. Restaurant
- Recommended: Have lunch at the Miraflores Restaurant. Request a table on the terrace overlooking the locks where the ships pass through. A meal watching giant ships move up and down through the locks just a few feet away is an unforgettable experience.
- As you conclude your walk through the Visitor Center, you can enjoy a good meal in the restaurant located on the fourth floor of the building, from where you can watch the vessels as they transit through the Canal while enjoying great food. This is a great place to spend time with friends and family as it offers options for all tastes.
Restaurant Opening hours:
- Monday to Saturday: Office from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner from 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday and Monday closed from 4:30 p.m.