Located on the Atlantic side, near Colon City, the Agua Clara Visitor Center is a place where the Panama Canal has made it clear that both its legacy and its grandeur will continue to bear fruit for the world.
Agua Clara Locks and Canal Visitor Center Atlantic Side
- Daily Tours From Panama City.
- Tour Duration: 4 hrs approx.
- Open daily (including holidays)
- From 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Entrance tickets sold until 3:15 p.m.
- Exhibition halls.
Important Note: Closed Monday for disinfection work.
Tour Prices – Agua Clara Visitor Center From Panama City
- 1 person: $250 USD
- 2 people and more: $150 USD per person.
- Children 3-6 years: $80 USD per child.
- +7 % government tax.
- Round trip transportation. Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Bilingual guide-driver
What is not included
- Entrance fee to the Canal Visitor Center ($15 adults & $12 child 6-12 yrs $10)
- Meals. Free admission for children aged 6 and below.
- With an unparalleled view, this place is waiting for you and all those who want to enjoy a pleasant experience enriched with interesting facts, but especially by being part of the history of the route that unites the world.
- The center offers a breathtaking panoramic view that contrasts two particular scenarios that generate mixed feelings. On one side you will find the famous Gatun Lake, where cargo ships or other vessels transit every day, while on the other side, but from a different perspective, you will be amazed by the view of the expansion works.
- Beyond its surprising technology or colossal machinery, you will be astonished by the work of thousands of people, who with discipline and determination head towards the same goal to make Panama stronger and Panamá worthy of admiration.
- After the impressive viewpoint, pamper yourself and be captivated by all those things that the Agua Clara visitor center has to offer.
- At the projection room you can learn about the history and efforts of thousands of men and women that have marked the Canal’s first century and, of course, plans in the near and distant future.
- Throughout your visit, watch for the walls and exhibits with interesting information that will amaze you.
- Walk through the ecological path, with a variety of plants and species that makes the trail an adventure with great scenery and breathtaking views; identify the different species gathered thereindigenous of the area of the Canal watershed.
- Before you leave, remember not to cherish your memories only in your mind, make them real by visiting the gift shop where you can for you or someone who would appreciate it a special token related to the Canal and its expansion..
Two Dining Options
- If your are hungry, Agua Clara Visitor Center has two extremely tempting dining options according to your needs and your budget.
- The firs is a coffee shop, which is ideal for those who want something fast and tasty.
- However, if your choice of food is unhurried and relaxed, we strongly recommend the Restaurant located within our facilities, located at the top of the Agua Clara Visitor Center, delights your palate with a great tasting food, accompanied by a spellbinding landscape.