Combo Tour: Canal Gatun Lake + Monkey Island + Soberania Park + Chagres River + Agua Clara Locks + Fort San Lorenzo
Panama Canal Combination Tour
Panama Canal Gatun Lake Boat Tour, Monkey Island, Agua Clara Locks and San Lorenzo Panama
Duration: Approximately 9 hours.
- 1 person: $395 USD. +7% tax.
- 2 people and up: $295 per person. + 7% tax.
- Child Fare 3-5 years old: $185 USD per person. Not recommended for infants. +7% tax.
This Combination Tour can be summarized in the following:
- A duration of approximately 9 hours.
- We´ll pick you up and return you back to your hotel.
- We´ll navigate the Panama Canal by Boat within Gatun Lake.
- You will visit Monkey Island within Gatun Lake.
- Pass alongside huge cargo and cruise ships within the Canal.
- Chagres River and its mouth.
- Agua Clara Locks on the Caribbean Coast.
- Walk throughout the San Lorenzo National Park
- Colonial ruins
- Nature and rainforest that feed water to the Chagres River and the Canal.
- Lunch picnic style on the banks of the Chagres River.
This Panama Canal Combination Tour is without a doubt the most complete one-day excursion available and the name tells it all.
This tour will afford you a presentation of the wildlife found within the Panama Canal as we ford the immense Gatun Lake and allow you to delight in the exquisite natural scenic beauty to be found there. It is truly a different and spectacular method of navigating the Canal.
Lake Gatun has a surface expansion of some 425 km2 (264 square miles) and upon finalizing its construction became the largest artificial lake in the world. With the formation of the lake as a fresh water supply to feed the Panama Canal many islands were formed when the existing mountain tops remained visible above the new water line. Many can be seen within the lake. Such as Monkey Island where you will find Howler Monkeys, Capuchin Monkeys and Tamarin Monkeys. We´ll be sailing up close to the island so you´ll get the chance with a little luck to view the in their natural habitats.
Another interesting experience to amaze you as we travel through the central part of the lake which is itself the central part of the Canal, is the chance to view the enormous Cargo and Cruise Ships up close as they pass alongside our boat.
We´ll pass by an arm of the Chagres River as well, this being the river that feeds fresh water to Gatun Lake and the rest of the Panama Canal. The Chagres River is the only river in the world that discharges into two oceans at the same time.
Upon finishing our boat trip along the Canal, we´ll be enjoying a light picnic style lunch near the Gatun Dam or near the Chagres River.
After lunch we´ll take a short minivan ride to the providence or Colon on the Caribbean Coast where we´ll have the opportunity to visit the Panama Canal Visitors Center and observe as the ships pass through the Agua Clara Locks on the Atlantic Coast (Caribbean side).
As a final stop on our tour we´ll be visiting Fort San Lorenzo, on the way to which we´ll pass over the third and final bridge crossing the Panama Canal, with an extension of 4.6 km it is considered the longest suspension bridge in the world.
Fort San Lorenzo was declared a Humanity Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1980. Construction of what are now ancient ruins was begun in 1598 by the Spanish king Felipe II and completed in 1601. From the San Lorenzo National Park you´ll have the opportunity to appreciate the immense ecological beauty at the mouth of the Chagres River on the Caribbean Coast.
Without a doubt this is a tour you won´t want to miss out on. We´ll be returning to the city of Panama and your hotel at around 4pm in the afternoon.
What is included:
- Central Panama City hotel pickup
- Boat ride on Lake Gatun-Panama Canal
- Visit Monkey Island
- Picnic Lunch on the banks of the Chagres River
- Entrance to Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center
- Bottled drinking water
- Entrance to the Soberania National Park
- Entrance to San Lorenzo National Park
- 7% government service tax (ITBMS)
What to Bring
- Insect Repellent
- Long Pants
- Breathable shirt
- Shoes that might get muddy